Consent Orders2019-02-19T11:38:36+10:00



If you are able to reach agreement with the other party about your parenting arrangements or the division of your property following separation, you can formalise the agreement by way of Consent Orders.

The Consent Orders are filed at the Family Court and once approved by a Registrar of the Court, they are made into Orders. There is no requirement to attend Court and you achieve the certainty and protection of binding Orders in a cost effective manner.


Consent Orders can cover:

  • your parenting arrangements including who the children live with and what the time they spend with the other parent during school term and school holidays and the time the children spend with their parents on special occasions including Christmas, Easter, their birthdays and other cultural or religious days of significance;
  • how your property will be divided, and what each of you will retain including real estate, monies in joint bank accounts, motor vehicles, shares, and superannuation.

Consent Orders need to follow legal procedure, so expert and understanding advice will be important in reaching an agreement that is fair to both parties and adequately reflects their intentions.

Resolving your matter by consent will reduce the stress involved in separation and will finalise your matter quickly, allowing you to move on with your life and focus on co-parenting your children. Consent Orders are a practical, inexpensive solution to formalising the parenting arrangements for your children and finalising your property settlement.

For helpful information on filing an Application for Consent Orders, click here.


We take the time to learn about and understand your personal needs, to deliver the best outcome for you. Speak with our experienced team today:

book a free consultation
Call 02 8014 5885