Navigate The Prenuptial Agreement Process With Confidence
Death and divorce are not usually top of mind when you’re planning your wedding. As one of the most exciting times in your life, the last thing you’re thinking about is what happens if it doesn’t work out.
But what if it doesn’t? What happens to your family home? Who do your children live with? How do you split the money in joint bank accounts?
As unromantic as it seems, entering into a prenuptial agreement when a relationship starts getting serious can save you both a lot of money and stress in future, especially if life throws a curveball that your relationship can’t survive.
These types of agreements are called Binding Financial Agreements but they are most commonly known in Australia and internationally as pre-nuptial agreements.
How We've Helped People
Just Like You
Book Your Free 30-Minute Prenuptial Consultation
Why Choose Nolan Lawyers to Handle Your Prenuptial Agreement?
Finding the right lawyer can be hard. We encourage you to meet with multiple family law firms so you can feel confident that our level of service is unlike any other family lawyers in Sydney.
Every relationship and set of circumstances is unique. Our prenuptial agreement lawyers know that this isn’t a straightforward process, particularly at the beginning of or during a relationship.
Just some of the reasons why we’re a great choice to handle your prenuptial agreement include:
We provide professional representation that is focused on securing the best outcome possible for both you and your family
Frequent, Consistent Communication
We provide frequent and consistent communication and will support you and answer your questions at each stage of the process
A Detailed, Customised Strategy
You will be given a detailed, customised strategy based on your specific situation because no two prenuptial agreements are the same.
Pragmatic Advice & Straight Answers
We offer pragmatic advice and straight answers from a team that has your best interests at heart.
What To Consider When Choosing A Family Lawyer To Handle Your Prenuptial Agreement
It’s important that you find a family lawyer who has experience handling prenuptial agreements with compassion and empathy. If the situation is handled poorly, it can end up having a negative impact on your relationship.
Family Law Experts
There are many nuances to family law. We are intimate with all of them. We know everything that you need to know when setting up a prenuptial contract within the unique situation of your family.
Setting up a prenuptial agreement can become complicated. Our extensive experience handling what can be a delicate process plays a key part in securing a positive outcome for all parties.
Your lawyer should be available when you need to speak to them, and since there’s a lot of admin involved, it’s easier if your lawyer is close by. We always responsive to questions and are conveniently located in the heart of Sydney CBD.
What To Expect When Entering A Prenuptial Agreement
Drawing up a prenuptial agreement – either before, during, or after a relationship has ended – can get tricky. It’s important that you have the help of an experienced lawyer who understands the nuances of family law and can guide you to the best outcome.
Both parties will be required to obtain independent legal advice. Each lawyer signs a certificate confirming that they have provided independent advice to their client about the agreement.
Both you and your partner must fully disclosure your financial circumstances to each other. This is crucial if the agreement is to hold any weight in court at a later stage.
The agreement will be invalidated if:
- The technical requirements are not met, for example, the requirement for each party to receive independent legal advice;
- It was obtained fraudulently or entered into for the purpose of defrauding a creditor;
- Any party fails to disclose relevant information;
- Circumstances have arisen since the agreement was signed that make it impractical for part or all of the agreement to be enforced; and
- Exceptional circumstances regarding a child have arisen since the agreement was signed.
A Prenuptial Agreement is a good idea if:
- You have a high net worth;
- You have recently been divorced and wish to protect your assets from any claim by your new partner;
- You have children from a previous relationship that you need to protect; and
- Your parents are wealthy, and you stand to inherit some of their wealth.
Nolan Lawyers is well-versed in all types of prenuptial agreements.
Book Your Free 30-Minute Prenuptial Consultation
Watch Some Of Our Clients
Talking About Their Experience
What To Expect From Your Free Prenuptial Consultation
To help you navigate the prenuptial agreement process with confidence, we’re offering a free 30-minute consultation where we’ll sit down with you, get to know your unique situation, and walk you through:
- The step-by-step process you can expect when drawing up a prenuptial agreement and how long it will take
- The things you can and cannot include in a financial agreement and how the agreement will be structured
- Everything you need to know about drawing up the agreement
- A detailed estimate of how much the prenup will cost
You will walk away with answers to all of your burning questions specific to your situation, and the confidence and knowledge that you can live happily ever after.